IE screenshot with eyes get black screen
Jordi — Jul 15, 2016 10:19AM UTC
I'm using IE 11 for testing some webpages but when I send the screenshot to applitools it sends a black screen, in the other hand if I take a screenshot at the same time using the selenium screenshot method I get an image of the webpage
4 Community Answers
Yarden Naveh - Jul 17, 2016 at 08:35AM UTC
Thanks for reaching out!
Can you please share the following information, so I can reproduce this on my environment and investigate?
1) Which version of the eyes_selenium_java SDK are you using?
2) Are you running your tests locally/VM/remote desktop/some kind of service (like sauce labs)? What are the capabilities you are using for your test?
3) What is the version of your IE driver?
4) Does this happen on all web-pages or a specific web-page?
5) Can you share an example of code that reproduces this?
I see in your tests that the baseline, created last month, that was set for i.e isn’t black, have you made any change in your code or the way you’ve been running your tests?
If you are running on a remote desktop/VM can you please make sure to not minimize the session window while the test is running?
Jordi - Jul 19, 2016 at 03:08PM UTC
Thanks for your response I will answer all the question below.
1) Which version of the eyes_selenium_java SDK are you using? We are using the 2.32 version
2) Are you running your tests locally/VM/remote desktop/some kind of service (like sauce labs)? What are the capabilities you are using for your test? We use selenium grid and the capabilities that we are using are:
- ignoreProtectedModeSettings: true
3) What is the version of your IE driver? I don't remember
4) Does this happen on all web-pages or a specific web-page? Yes this happens with all the web-pages but only with IE, if we use another browser it works
5) Can you share an example of code that reproduces this? Sorry but I cannot share it
Yarden Naveh - Jul 20, 2016 at 12:32PM UTC
Thanks for the details!
Most likely that updating your IE driver (to version 2.53.1) and our eyes_selenium_java SDK (to version 2.51) will solve your issue.
Can you please try updating and see if this is resolved?
If it doesn’t, can you please take a screenshot using selenium driver, while running the test (right after the eyes.checkWindow is called) and see if the image you are getting is also blank? (this is on order to isolate if the issue is caused before eyes is getting the screenshot, or after)
You can use these lines in order to do that:
File scrFile = ((TakesScreenshot)driver).getScreenshotAs(OutputType.FILE);
FileUtils.copyFile(scrFile, new File(“c:\\tmp\\screenshot.png”));
Please send me the screenshot that is taken, along with a link to that test in Applitools dashboard, so I can examine them both, if the issue is not resolved.
Yarden Naveh - Aug 10, 2016 at 12:25PM UTC
I’m reaching out to check if the issue you had was resolved.
Please let me know if you need any further assistance.